What’s can you do with it?
- Build a regular blog site with a three-column, two-column or one-column design
- Build a magazine style blog with up to 10 featured categories showcased on the homepage plus numerous other options.
Options Quick Look
These are just some of the options you can control with Producer
- Run in Blog Mode or Magazine Mode
- Two magazine layout options
- Use layouts in static or widgets mode ( Static means you use the layout as packaged. Widgets means you drag and drop the categories where you want them the same way you drag and drop sidebar widgets)
- Add google analytics to footer
- Use a graphic for your site title instead of text
- Activate hidden leaderboard ad space
- Position Leaderboard ad left of center
- Position Sidebars side by side on left of content
- Position Sidebars side by side on right of content
- Position Sidebars on left and right of content
- Control sidebars on Index page, single post page, static page, archives/categories page, 404 page, search results page (Each page can have different setup for sidebars)
- Move around navigation menu row, leaderboard row, logo/tagline row, search box/rss links row
- Hide search box/rss row if preferred
- Hide navigation menu row if preferred
- Hide tagline if preferred
- Activate adsense in single post pages
- Activate adsense in static pages
- Configure feeburner to display subscription form (will need to drag and drop the widget into your sidebar)
- Choose between pages and categories to display in navigation bar
- Show or hide author date byline on index page, archives/categories page, search results page (each page uses own options so can show on one but hide on the other as needed)
- In non-mgazine mode choose between index or excerpt on index page, search results page, archive/categories page
What’s the CSS Styling Tool?
The CSS Styling Tool allows you to completely change the look of your Producer site. If you want a different background color, if you want to use a background image, change the default font style, give each featured category section its own background color/image, remove the borders, change the border colors, change font colors, style the sidebars, style the post area, style the footer, change bullet styles… (This website is using the Producer Theme with the Styling Tool used to give it a different appearance from the default). Below are additional samples of styles designed with the Producer CSS Styling Tool. Snapshots from wineunfiltered.com, theheatsheet.com, scifipartyline.net and justflippin.com. Other snapshots created with Producer specifically for this showcase gallery. Click thumbnail for larger picture.
Can you change the styles without the CSS Styling tool?
As with any other theme, you can edit the CSS files to change the appearance of the theme manually. Keep in mind that the Producer CSS classes are saved in PHP files to accommodate the CSS Styling tool, so you will technically be editing PHP files. If you prefer to manually edit the files you can find them in includes/styles. The CSS Styling Tool was designed to make it possible for you to change the design of your site without having to edit any code, however it is not necessary to purchase the tool to achieve the look you want. If you prefer to manually edit the files, the files have been named to make it easy for you to recognize which files you need to edit for each area of the page that you want to change. If you need help finding a particular class leave a comment with your question and it will be answered as soon as possible.
Examples of Styles you can change with the CSS Styling Tool
Page Background – you can change the color of the background, use a background image if desired, set the image repeat status, change the font color, font family etc
Page header logo/tagline – you can change the font size, font color, set a background color or image etc.
Page Search bar ( you can change the RSS and RSS comments links to whatever you prefer, example link to facebook link to twitter. Provide the URL to your own icons, change the background color, change the border color, change the font color, transform text…
Post area – main post area end post entry areas can be modified to add background color, image, border, change font color etc.
Featured category blocks – each block can be modified to add a background color or image, font color, change bullet style etc.
Footer – change background color, font color…
Purchasing the CSS Styling Tool
The Producer Theme’s CSS Styling Tool can be purchased using the Buy Now Button below:
What the difference between widgets and static mode?
Widgets/Static option only applies when running in magazine mode.
In widgets mode you get to drag the featured category sections where you want them the same way you drag widgets to your sidebar. You can mix them up with your other widgets to make your site look how you want it. This is a great way to control your site’s design. You can select “No Sidebar” for the Index page in magazine mode and use the widgetized areas to mix up your widget content.
In static mode you are using the theme’s default design.