At the request of a user a second extra content row has been added to News Magazine Theme 640. This extra row uses the same layout style as row 1 but with the featured sections reversed. It provides the ability for you to showcase excerpts with thumbnails from 2 additional categories.
The second extra content row can be positioned under row 1, under row 2 or under the first extra content row.
- Download nmagxrow2.zip
- Extract the files (The unzipped file contains a folder named nmagxrow2 which contains the modified copies of functions.php and home.php along with a folder includes which contains the files featured7.php, featured8.php and tierX-2.php)
- After saving a backup copy of your currently installed home.php and functions.php, upload the copies of home.php and functions.php found in folder nmagxrow2, to replace the current copies of the files on your server
- Upload the files tierX-2.php, featured7.php and featured8.php to the includes folder inside the news magazine 640 folder.
- Go to your dashboard and load the news magazine theme 640 theme options page.
- Look for and set the options below
|Activate second extra content row||
There’s a second extra row of content available if you need to feature 2 additional categories
|Extra content row position||
You can position the extra row under the first row, under the second row or under the first extra row of content
|Featured Category #7||
Select your seventh featured category(Note this category only shows up if you have turned on the extra content row
|Featured Category #8||
Select your eight featured category(Note this category only shows up if you have turned on the extra content row
You should now have a second extra content row visible on the home page.